Info about ZTL (ZonaTraffico Limitato) violations, traffic cameras and other traffic tickets in Italy
- TRAFFIC CAMERAS (AUTOVELOX)
- Electronic Speed Monitoring – "Speed Monitoring" – Source: Traffic Assistance section of Autostrade per l'Italia – In English, Italian
- Italy Driving Tip - Beware of the Autovelox (speed camera) – April 15, 2010 – By Martha Bakerjian – Source: Italy Travel section of About.com
- TRAFFIC FINES/VIOLATIONS
- Beware Italian Road Fines – " Planning to drive in Italy this year? It can be pricier than you've banked on." – March 27, 2008 – by Wendy Perrin – Source: Found in the The Perrin Post – "Secrets Every Smart Traveler Should Know" blog within Condé Nast Traveler on concierge.com – "inspired travel starts here"
- Driving in Italy? Obey the traffic laws or risk getting a ticket after you get home – "Renting a car in Italy? Watch the traffic regulations or risk getting a ticket after you get home from your vacation." – By Christopher Elliott – Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 7:02 PM – Source: Found in the Travel and Outdoors section of The Seattle Times
- Driving in Italy part 8 – "Fines: Avoiding long distance pen-pals in fancy uniforms" – – 03-Feb 2010 – Source: Access Italy – "Italy Travel News, Tips & Opinions"
- Italian traffic tickets – "Traffic violations and fines in Italy - restricted traffic zones in Florence" – Source: Tuscany, Italy – "Welcome to the Tuscany, Italy tourist and sightseeing information portal! Here we bring you an ever-increasing range of useful information about things to see, what to do, where to stay and what to eat and drink in the region Tuscany Italy."
- Long-Delayed Italian Traffic Tickets – "Driving in Italy" – Source: Found in the Italy portion of Travel Recommendations section of Bob Cromwell's web site
- What To Do If You Get a Ticket While Driving in Italy – "There are three main ways you can get a vehicular fine in Italy:" – Source: In Italy™ Online – "Expert trip planning for your vacation in Italy, Rome, Florence, Milan, Venice, Tuscany, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast, Positano, Sorrento and throughout Italy"
- ZTL (ZONA TRAFFICO LIMITATO)
- ZTL – Source: Upper Italy
- ZTL - Restricted Traffic Zone – "Driving in Florence" – Source: Comune di Firenze (City of Florence) – " The official web site of the City of Florence" – In English, Italian
- Ztl in Italia – In Italian Only – "Blog informativo sulle Z.T.L Zona Traffico Limitato nelle Città italiane con i Siti Web a cui fare riferimento." – Source: web site
- The ZTL (Limited Traffic Area)? We'll deal with it! – "The ZTL is not a problem" – Source: FIRPARKING – "Parking in Florence is no longer a problem thanks to Firparking!" – In English, Italian
- BLOG ENTRIES
- Driving in Italy: 5 Easy Ways to Get a ZTL Fine and How to Avoid One – June 24, 2009 – Madeline Jhawar – Source: Italy: Beyond the Obvious – "The famous tourist attractions are worth seeing, but there is so much more in this spectacular country. Tips & advice from a former tour guide."
- Italy: Fines for rental-car drivers on the rise – – Posted by: Kate Appleton – Source: This Just in – "BUDGET TRAVEL'S BLOG" – "You can always trust us—because we never take freebies or accept any travel discounts." – of Budget Travel
- Speed Cameras in Italy – August 2, 2008 – By – Source: Italy Chronicles – ". . . formerly Blog from Italy, was a blog about life in Italy, and has been chronicling life and goings on in Italy in English since 2005."
- ZTL’s in Rome – Posted on January 12, 2011 – Ron – Source: Ron in Rome! – "Assistance, Coaching, & Thoughts on Visiting & Living in Rome!"
- FORUM DISCUSSIONS
- Found under the Italy Forum portion of Community section – Source: Frommer's – "Travel Guides: The Best Start Here!"
- Found under the Graffiti Wall portion of the Plan Your Trip section – Source: Rick Steves' EUROPE – "THROUGH THE BACK DOOR" – "Rick Steves' Europe Tours, Trip Planning, Travel Guides and Information"
- Why you don't want to drive in Florence – "Kent, Pacific Northwest 3/17/09" – Source:
- ZTL's – "Mark, New Richmond, WI USA 5/21/09"
- Various Topics – Source: slow travel – ". . . Spend a week in a vacation rental and see what is near you. Slow down, immerse yourself in the local culture and avoid the fast pace of rushing from one guidebook "must-see" to the next. A great way to travel!"
- ZTL Zones and Traffic Cameras on Roadways and in Towns in Italy – "Be aware of traffic cameras in the Chianti and Florence (Firenze)!" – "Jane Parker (Jane)"
- Found in the FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions portion of Travel – "Travel forums" – one of the forums in Slow Travel Talk
- Travel Advice Italy – Source: Smartraveller – "The Australian Government's travel advisory and consular information service."
- TRAVEL REPORT Italy – Source: Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada – In English, French
- Please scroll down to the section labeled, "9. TRAVEL AND CURRENCY" and read the paragraph, "Road Travel"
- Please scroll down to the section labeled, "8. LAWS AND CUSTOMS"
- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)
- APPLICATIONS (APPS)
- Autovelox Italia – "While driving, providing aid assistance to the road indicating the locations of inspection fixed, mobile speed cameras, traffic signals controlled by the camera, tutor which measure the average speed and limited traffic areas of Italy." – By Luigi Paonessa – Source: iTunes section of Apple
- Speed camera Maps Italy informs you about the speed cameras! – By rina – Source: iphone.blogcommon.com
- SEE ALSO:
- Info about the Autostrade per l'Italia *, dated Friday, February 15, 2008
- Info about Driving in Italy *, dated, Friday, March 17, 2006
- Info on some of my blog entries (URLs) for Tuscany/Toscana, Italy *, dated, Wednesday, July 22, 2009
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 300+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
That's it for Wednesday, 14 September 2011: mercoledì, 14 settembre 2011
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Non si nessuno può piacere a tutti."
"You can’t please everybody."
When you have a free moment or two, please read my wife's interesting and entertaining blog about our life in Italy with photographs:
Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:
Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.